In 2006, 12-year-old Andrew Muno died as he was undergoing surgery to repair a severe wound on his arm. The wrongful death suit filed by his parents claimed that the anesthesiologists assigned to the surgery should have requested assistance when Andrew began to experience difficulty breathing. It was later determined that the respiratory arrest was linked to an allergic reaction to an antibiotic Muno received prior to the operation. A jury awarded $7.5 million in the case, and more than two million dollars in interest earned during the appeal process was also added to the award.
Has your family suffered as a result of a medical mistake? Let a member of our team help walk you through your options. Contact the attorneys at The Heller Law Firm for a free consultation, or call us direct at 866-461-5791. You will hear from us either the same day or within 24 hours.