When 34-year-old Ginger Williams was discharged from a Tennessee hospital in 2004, her family believed that that meant her renal disease was improving. Instead, to the shock of her relatives, Williams died one day after being released from the hospital. It was later found that the hospital staff had failed to diagnose or detect the sky-high potassium levels that doctors say contributed to Williams’ premature demise. A Columbia, Tennessee jury agreed with the plaintiff’s claims, awarding Williams’ mother and 11-year-old son $1.25 million in the case.
If a medical mistake has impacted you or your family, you need the guidance of a seasoned team of personal injury lawyers to help you evaluate your options. Contact the California medical malpractice attorneys at The Heller Law Firm for a free consultation, or call us direct at 866-461-5791. You will hear from us either the same day or within 24 hours.