When a 47-year-old commercial airline pilot decided to take a hot shower in his Virginia Beach hotel room before taking off on another long day of flying, he certainly wasn’t expecting to receive an electrical shock that would essentially put an end to his decades-long career. An exposed light bulb near the shower stall emitted a strong shock after being splashed with water from the shower, and when the pilot’s hand accidentally grazed the bulb, he received a shock so powerful that he was temporarily knocked unconscious. Later, it was found that the shock had caused irreparable damage to his optic nerve and vision acuity, rendering him unqualified for continued service as a pilot. After a trial, the parties settled for $1.5 million before the jury could return a verdict in the case.
If you or a loved one has suffered as a result of someone else’s negligence, we can help you choose the best path forward. Contact the attorneys at The Heller Law Firm for a free consultation, or call us direct at 866-461-5791. You will hear from us either the same day or within 24 hours.